16 Jun 2014
Full-Time Lighting Engineer
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to):
- Confer with Engineers, Directors, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications, of stage and studio design, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and requirements.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Operate computer assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain, or improve lighting equipment, facilities, components, products, or systems in relations to studio and stage design.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Test vendors’ products.
- Supervise or train project team members as necessary.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment or major repairs.
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least two years experience in a related field.
- Must have experience in stage and studio design and construction.
- The candidate will be required to work as part of a cross discipline team including software, firmware, mechanical, and electrical engineers and must demonstrate all of the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead / manage other firmware engineers, co-ordinate project tasks and ensure high quality implementation.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Ability to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project milestones.
- A hands on attitude and strong work ethic to work through problems
How to ApplyPlease email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, apply on bestjobsaf.com
2080 total views, 1 today