16 Jun 2014
Full-Time Sound Engineer
Essential Functions (including but not limited to):
- Confer with producers, performers, and others in order to determine and achieve the desired sound for a production such as a musical recording or a film.
- Mix and edit voices, music, and taped sound effects for live performances and for prerecorded events, using sound mixing boards.
- Record speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment.
- Regulate volume level and sound quality during recording sessions, using control consoles.
- Reproduce and duplicate sound recordings from original recording media, using sound editing and duplication equipment.
- Separate instruments, vocals, and other sounds, then combine sounds later during the mixing or post-production stage.
- Set up, test, and adjust recording equipment for recording sessions and live performances; tear down equipment after event completion.
- Synchronize and equalize prerecorded dialogue, music, and sound effects with visual action of motion pictures or television productions, using control consoles.
- Create musical instrument digital interface programs for music projects, commercials or film post-production.
- Keep logs of recordings.
- Report equipment problems, and ensure that required repairs are made.
- Assessing the acoustics of the performance area and assembling and operating the necessary equipment.
- Consulting with producers and performers to determine the sound requirements;
- Maintaining and repairing sound equipment.
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree in Audio Engineering.
- At least two years experience in a related field.
- The candidate will be required to work as part of a cross discipline team including software, firmware, mechanical, and electrical engineers and must demonstrate all of the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead / manage other firmware engineers, co-ordinate project tasks and ensure high quality implementation.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Ability to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project milestones.
- A hands on attitude and strong work ethic to work through problems
How to ApplyPlease email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, apply on bestjobsaf.com
2383 total views, 1 today